Hi there! Twinkles the Elf on the Shelf Here and I wanted to give you a quick recipe to share with your loved ones this Christmas. It's Quick, Easy, and Sugary Sweet - which I love! This is what I call puppy chow, snowmen snacks, or muddy buddies! It makes 18 servings (1/2 cup each)!
- 9 cups Rice Chex®, Corn Chex® or Chocolate Chex® cereal (or combination)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1. Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
- 2. In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- 3. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.